Space Heater Triggers Residential Fire - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Space Heater Triggers Residential Fire

Montgomery, Ala. (WSFA) -- It only took one spark to change lives on Martha Street.

A spark ignited by a space heater, used to heat a small back bedroom of this Cottage Hills home.

After the flames engulfed this residence it jumped the rooftop to the next home.

To the Moore Family it isn't just any home, it's a picture of handy work painted by their father.

They bought the property in the late 1980's, leveled the current home and built a brand new one.

Monday, they stood and watched the flames and more than 50 firefighters working endlessly to salvage these two homes.

No one knows if this fire could have been prevented, but it's a scene firefighters say they see all to often during the winter.

Reporter: Jennifer Oravet

Powered by Frankly