Baptist Medical Center South is unsurpassed when it comes to emergency medical care, providing central Alabama with superior emergency facilities staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Plus, the Chest Pain Center offers state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment and a staff of specialists to provide immediate reaction and treatment to those experiencing cardiac emergencies.
As a witness to the love of God through Jesus Christ, Baptist Health exists as a voluntary, not-for-profit organization to promote and improve the physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of the people and communities it serves through the delivery of quality healthcare services provided within a framework of fiscal responsibility.
Statement of Values
Stewardship - We are responsible stewards of the time, talents, and resources entrusted to us to care for people we serve.
Honesty - We conduct our relationship with the people we serve, physicians, healthcare providers, and ourselves honestly, fairly, and consistently.
Attitude - We believe attitude is a choice and choosing a positive attitude is essential to achieve our mission.
Respect - We treat those we serve and those with whom we work with respect, compassion, and courtesy.
Excellence - We are committed to excellence and quality in caring for those we serve.
Employee Service Standards
1. Make a commitment to our coworkers.
2. Treat the people we serve as guests.
3. Present a professional image.
4. Answer the phone with a smile.
5. Listen to one another and the people we serve.
6. Anticipate the wants and needs of the people we serve.
7. Work to effectively communicate with patients, families and each other.
8. Maintain a safe, clean environment.
9. Act to reverse negative situations.
10. Respect the confidentiality of the people we serve, our physicians and fellow employees.
11. Strive to master the skills needed to do your best for the people we serve.
12. Positively represent Baptist Health in the workplace and the community.
**By proceeding to apply for a position with Baptist Health, I understand that I will abide by the mission, values and standards.