On July 1, 2008, the Special Operations Division of the Montgomery Police Department conducted an undercover prostitution sting operation in the area of Mobile Highway and the Western Boulevard.
The following arrests were made for Prostitution:
1. Joyce Herrero, DOB: 12/05/73, of 1288 West South Boulevard
2. Donna Daniels, DOB: 10/27/76, of 1288 West South Boulevard
3. Dorothy Smith, DOB: 11/20/62, of 164 Arlington Road
4. Lataisha Webster, DOB: 09/23/77, of 3824 South Smiley Circle
5. Latasha Mitchell, DOB: 03/14/77, of 831 North University Drive
6. Sandra Stewart, DOB:07/19/61, of 541 Rosa Parks Avenue
7. Mary Jordan, DOB05/10/65, of 622 West Jeff Davis Avenue Lois Hayes, DOB: 11/12/75, of 646 Community Street was arrested for Loitering for Immoral Purposes.
PHASE-2 The following subjects offered undercover officers (who were posing as prostitutes) money in exchange for sex and were arrested for Soliciting Prostitution:
1. Ron O. Williams, DOB 12/05/72, of 762 Whitaker Lane, Auburn, Alabama
2. Louis Dixon, DOB: 09/11/50 of 104 Lamar Road Selma
3. Felicia M. Owens DOB: 05/09/75 of 104 Lamar Road Selma
4. Raymond Cozart, DOB:05/01/47, of 52 Kerry Lane, Montgomery, Alabama
5. Freddie Jackson, DOB:06/19/73, of 2168 T.R. Autaugaville, Alabama
6. David L. Semrau, DOB:01/02/52, of 2112 S. 8 th Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI.
7. 17 y/o Montgomery male Mr. Dixon and Ms. Owens were arrested together while attempting to solicit an undercover officer to travel to Selma, Alabama and engage in sexual acts with the two of them.
This operation was conducted because of numerous complaints from citizens and business owners about solicitation of prostitution in the area. Soliciting prostitution is a misdemeanor and is punishable by up to a year in the city jail.
-Montgomery Police News Release