Food for Thought: Expired milk, mold hurt this week's low scorer - WSFA.com Montgomery Alabama news.

Food for Thought: Expired milk, mold hurt this week's low scorers

Updated:
Health inspection scoring guide Health inspection scoring guide
Mark Bullock, WSFA 12 News Mark Bullock, WSFA 12 News

Every Thursday on WSFA 12 News at 10, the 12 NEWS DEFENDERS brings you the latest restaurant health inspection scores from the Montgomery County Department of Public Health.

Before you pick a place to eat, catch the latest edition of Food For Thought.

If you don't see your favorite restaurant listed here visit the Montgomery County Health Department's website where you will find an extensive archive of scores.

If you don't live in Montgomery County, you can search for your county's scores at the Alabama Public Health Department's website.

High Grades

RESTAURANT ADDRESS SCORE
Jozettie's Cupcakes 1404 South Decatur Street 99
Cross Bridge Behavioral Health
4385 Narrow Lane Road
99
Your Delite Catering & Weddings Planning
4601 Troy Highway
98
Derk's Filet & Vine - Market
431 Cloverdale Road
98
Winn Dixie #460 Bakery
5841 Atlanta Highway
97


Low Grades

RESTAURANT ADDRESS CRITICAL VIOLATION SCORE
New China Restaurant 3848 Harrison Road

Milk stored in cooler was out-of-date; Chicken improperly thawed in 3-compartment sink; Salt, rice, cooked chicken, and peanuts were not protected from contamination during storage.

83
Wings 'N Things
3030 Woodley Road
Food Safety Certification course was not completed as required; A chest freezer lid needed to be repaired; Employee drinks were improperly stored
83
Krystal MNT-03
3916 Norman Bridge Road
Flies were found throughout the kitchen; Both kitchen handsinks needed soap and hand towels; Several reach-in coolers did not have thermometers
86
Kwik Shop #502
4020 Troy Highway
The soda nozzles contained mold; The handsink at the dishwashing area was blocked from use.
89
Mega Meats & Discount Grocery Produce
528 East Patton Avenue
Cut watermelon was at 58°F in the display cooler; The floors in the walk-in cooler needed to be cleaned.
90


Source: Montgomery County Health Department

Copyright 2014 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow