Addressing the needs and concerns of people 55 or older, Senior Advantage provides the latest medical and health information as well as exclusive benefits, a variety of activities and seminars for senior adults.
When you join the Senior Advantage program, you're making a wise investment in your health. As a member, you'll benefit from the many Senior Advantage wellness programs and activities, all designed to help seniors stay healthy, happy and active.
You'll also enjoy a wide range of benefits, services and discounts. To join you are required to have 70% insurance coverage. There are three office locations with office hours from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. & 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Baptist Medical Center South - (334) 286-3400
- Baptist Medical Center East - (334) 244-8308
- Prattville Baptist Hospital - (334) 361-4286
The Senior Advantage program is composed of six components:
The first three, Wellness, Involvement and Fun, can be grouped together through the activities and opportunities offered to the members.
- Line Dancing - beginning and intermediate classes are offered in six weeks sessions for a nominal fee
- Lunch Bunch - gives members an opportunity to experience different restaurants monthly with a group they know and enjoy (Dutch Treat)
- Volunteer Opportunities - come in many forms and activities. A few include: Quilters and Teddy Bear Makers, Senior Advantage Golf Tournament, The Fun Time Band and Diggers and Sprigers
- Travel – members have the opportunity to choose from a variety of trips from one day to foreign travel. Excellent prices, pampered service and wonderful destinations make traveling with Senior Advantage a care free way to see Alabama, the nation and the world.
- Special Events – includes Health Fairs, Entertainment, Red White and Blue and You Program, Bake Sales and Book Fairs
- Monthly Meetings – Fun gatherings that include informational speakers, fun and fellowship, refreshments and information of upcoming events
- Monthly Meetings – speakers on health issues and senior related topics are featured at each meeting
- Classes and small seminars – subjects that would be needed by a more specific population are presented in a smaller setting, such as the 55 Alive driving course, Down Sizing Your Home and Computer Classes
- Community Resources – current information is available for our members and their families
- Health Screenings – screenings are available on a rotating basis. Screenings include: cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, eye, hearing, memory, prescription and over-the-counter drug interaction problems, osteoporosis and vascular problems.
- Insurance counseling and assistance – help with unraveling bills from the hospital, doctors and insurance companies; also information on Medicare supplemental and Long Term Care insurance coverage.
- Quarterly Newsletter - information about Senior Advantage programs and activities.
- Help Lifeline – a personal emergency response system. A way to get help when you can’t call for help yourself.
- Notary – available for members and their families
- Copying – copying of important papers
- Accessing of the Aging Network – help for members and families in knowing services available in the community
- Dementia counseling and information – the personnel is part of the Alabama Dementia Education and Training Program for the State of Alabama Department of Mental Health
- Courtesy Admission and Discharge
- A private room, when available
- $4.00 Discount meal coupon to be used in the cafeteria (1 per day for a maximum of seven days)
- Free cot in a private room
- Prescription Drugs
- Long Term Care Insurance