MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) - Alabama Public Television's news show "For The Record" is being canceled after more than 25 years, with host Tim Lennox among four staffers being layed off.
APT Executive Director Allan Pizzato said Friday the network is facing "its greatest financial challenge ever" with cuts totaling about $3 million being made in its previous year's $11 million budget.
He said one staffer previously was laid off and six positions left vacant.
"For the Record" will go off the air after Jan. 30. The 52-year-old Lennox, a well-known radio personality in Birmingham before joining APT, had been hosting the TV news program for 11 years.
APT's operating funds come from the state education fund, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, viewer contributions and corporate underwriting.