Montgomery, AL - Kay Ivey announced that she has formed an Exploratory Committee to evaluate and explore her candidacy for Governor.
In connection with the formation of the committee, Ivey stated, "I've been overwhelmed at the encouragement I've received to run for Governor. Before I make a final decision, I'm going to travel throughout Alabama and listen to the people. I want to hear what the people of this great state want in their next Governor. I've also enlisted the help of a number of diverse people to help me realistically evaluate my candidacy for Governor and I'm pleased they will join my Exploratory Committee."
The exploratory committee will focus on three main components: understanding the needs of each community, identifying potential supporters, and assessing the qualification and experience people are looking for in Alabama's next Governor.
The following names are the individuals who have currently committed to serve on the Kay Ivey Exploratory Committee:
Coordinator for the College Students Exploratory Committee: Meredith Gaston
- Matt Dye, Cumberland Law School
- Mason Dyess, University of Alabama
- Meredith Gaston, Auburn University
- Lauren Howard, Samford University
- Timothy K. Long, Jacksonville State University
- Larry Newton, Huntingdon College
- Meghan Patterson, University of Montevallo
- C. Ryan Sprinkle, University of Alabama
- Emily Weeks, University of Alabama
Coordinator for the Young Professionals Exploratory Committee: Will Bronaugh
- Charlie & Ashley Ashwander, Decatur
- Sloane Bibb, Huntsville
- Will & Jill Bronaugh, Huntsville
- Morgan Lambert, Huntsville