(WAFF) - Tyson Foods has significantly expanded a recall of its chicken strips over concerns that some might be contaminated with pieces of metal, federal food safety officials said Friday.
The expansion comes after three of six people who complained about finding pieces of metal in certain Tyson products also said they suffered an injury in their mouth, the agency said.
The products now being recalled were produced from October through March 8, and they have “use by” dates of October 1, 2019, through March 7, 2020.
Each of the recalled products have establishment number "P-7221" on the back of the package.
Products under the recall include:
• Tyson fully cooked crispy chicken strips in 25-ounce and 40-ounce bags;
• Tyson fully cooked Buffalo-style chicken strips in 25-ounce and 40-ounce bags;
• Tyson fully cooked honey BBQ flavored chicken strips in 25-ounce bags;
• Best Choice Buffalo-style chicken strips in 20-ounce bags;
• Great Value fully cooked chicken strips in 25-ounce bags;
• Food Lion crispy chicken strips in 25-ounce bags.