Boy suffers burns in Brundidge house fire

Boy suffers burns in Brundidge house fire
He was transported to the hospital in Troy and then Children’s of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham.

BRUNDIDGE, Ala. (WSFA) - A Brundidge boy suffered burns on his legs and feet in a fire at his home Wednesday, according to the Brundidge Fire Department.

Police were called to the fire on Bowden Street around 8:15 Wednesday morning.

Fire officials say the boy was home sick from school when he woke up to a house full of smoke. They say the boy’s dog led him through the smoke to escape the burning house.

The boy then yelled to his grandmother’s house next door for help.

He was transported to the hospital in Troy and then Children’s of Alabama Hospital in Birmingham.

According to the Troy Messenger, the boy is 12 years old.

Copyright 2019 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.