MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Montgomery Mayor Steven L. Reed and nine city councilmembers were sworn into office Tuesday morning.
Reed made history Tuesday, becoming Montgomery’s first black mayor. Following his swearing-in, Reed shook the hand of each city councilmember before accepting the mayor’s lapel pin from outgoing-Mayor Todd Strange.
Councilmembers sworn in Tuesday were as follows:
- Richard Bollinger (District 1)
- Brantley Lyons (District 2)
- Hilton Leon “Tracy” Larkin (District 3)
- Audrey Billups-Graham (District 4)
- Cornelius “CC” Calhoun (District 5)
- Oronde K. Mitchell (District 6)
- Clayton Anderson McInnis (District 7)
- Glen O. Pruitt Jr. (District 8)
- Charles W. Jinright (District 9)
A citizens reception will take place at 2 p.m. at City Hall. Citizens will be able to meet Reed and other public officials before touring the mayoral office.
For more information about other inauguration events, visit Reed’s website. All of the events are free, but space will be limited.