MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Alabama State University is celebrating Homecoming week highlighted by Thursday’s 96th annual Turkey Day Classic football game.
All week long the university is holding several festivities to help celebrate. Last week things kicked off, highlighted by Thursday’s NPHC Step Show at the Dunn-Oliver Acadome and Friday’s Homecoming Concert which featured artists Da Baby, Meg thee Stallion and Stunna 4 Vegas.
Here’s a schedule of this week’s events ahead:
- Alumni Brunch - Celebrating the Classes of the 4s, 9s and the Silver Class of 1994; Begins at 10 a.m. at the Student Center Ballroom; Tickets are $50.
- Party in the Union - Live music in the Soul Lounge by Souled Out Groove and Friends and the Top Flight Lounce curated by Montgomery’s Bad Boyz with a cash bar and food; Event will be hosted by Captiv8 and held at the J. Garrick Hardy Student Center; Event runs from 7 p.m. until midnight; Tickets are $25.
- Thanksgiving Day Parade - Begins at 9 a.m. in downtown Montgomery.
- Hornet Walk - Will be held at 11:50 a.m. in the Tailgate area.
- 96th annual Turkey Day Classic - Kickoff between Alabama State and Prairie View A&M is 2 p.m.; The game will be played at ASU Stadium; Purchase tickets here or call 334-229-4551.
- 10th annual James A. Shannon Memorial Golf Classic - Tees off at 8 a.m. at Lagoon Park Golf Course; On-Site registration at 6:45 a.m.; $100 fee to enter.