MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Every Monday during the 6 p.m. newscast, the WSFA 12 News sports team announces three nominees for the Fever Star Athlete of the Week award. Then it’s up to Fever Country to determine the winner! Watch the highlight videos, then vote! We’ll announce the winner Thursday during our 6 p.m. sportscast.
The weekly winners so far for 2020:
- Week 0: Pike Road quarterback Iverson Hooks - The junior passed for 296 yards and three touchdowns and rushed for 125 yards and two touchdowns in the Patriots’ win over Montgomery Catholic.
- Week 1: Brantley High School quarterback Tucker Kilcrease - Kilcrease passed for 157 yards and five touchdowns and added a rushing score in the Bulldogs win over rival Luverne.
- Week 2: Holtville High School running back Drew Pickett - Pickett rushed for 268 yards and three touchdowns and caught three passes for 52 yards.
- Week 3: St. James running back Cosner Harrison - Harrison rushed for 248 yards and five touchdowns against Bullock County. He tied the St. James record for touchdowns in a game.
- Week 4: Montgomery Catholic quarterback Caleb McCreary - McCreary passed for 194 yards and five touchdowns in the Knights win over Beulah. McCreary only had one incompletion.
- Week 5: Pike Road receiver Blake Durham - Durham caught three touchdown passes, all in the first quarter, in the Patriots win over Tallassee.
- Week 6: Tallassee running back Jalyn Daniels - Daniels rushed for 255 yards and four touchdowns and added 31 yards receiving the Tigers win over Beauregard.
- Week 7: Bullock County running back Bryant Grant - Grant rushed for 109 yards and a touchdown. He caught one pass for 14 yards and had a 29-yard interception returned for a touchdown against Ashford.
- Week 8: Charles Henderson’s Jywon Boyd - Boyd recovered a fumble and returned for a touchdown, caught an 11-yard touchdown pass and intercepted a pass in the Trojans win over Carroll on Friday.
- Week 9: Highland Home’s Nick Diaz - Diaz passed for one touchdown and rushed for two more scores in the Flying Squadron’s win over Thorsby.
- Week 10: Marbury’s Ethan Gomez - Gomez rushed for 200 yards and three touchdowns in the Bulldogs win over Chilton County on Friday.
- Week 11: Alabama Christian’s Jalen Clark - Clark passed for 307 yards and five touchdowns and rushed for 106 yards and two touchdowns in ACA’s win over West Blocton Friday.
Each of the weekly winners will receive a Fever Chain. At the end of the season, we’ll name the Fever Star Athlete of the Year!