MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - Hurricane Sally has been downgraded to a depression as it moves out of Alabama, but the danger and damage continue.
We’ll update this page with details as they become available.
Click here for the latest from the WSFA First Alert weather team.
Click here for the latest on outages.
MONTGOMERY COUNTY (Updated as of 9:30 Thursday morning)
The City of Montgomery reports the following updates as of Thursday morning:
- Peabody Road – still blocked, tree crew on site
- 3400 Block of Whiting Ave – still blocked, barricades;
- 1800 Block of Galena St – still blocked, barricade truck in route;
- 3600 Farrar St. – still blocked, barricades;
- Eastdale Rd. South (Birchwood Apts) – still blocked, barricades;
- Myrtlewood Dr – partially blocking;
- Bankhead Ave – still blocked, unknown ETA of tree crew;
- Coliseum Ave/Creative St – still blocking, barricades;
- Amanda Ln./ Lower Rd. – still blocking, barricades;
- 14 Mimosa Drive;
- 2635 Gunter Park Drive (Peterson Lodge);
- Reported Streets Flooding: (majority now clear)
- East Fairview at Hull Street; Perry Hill Road at VA Hospital; Japonica Street (multiple calls) – possibly still flooded; East 5th Street (Mulberry);
- Chatwood Drive; Devonshire Drive; Wilmington Road; Howe Street; Rosa Parks Avenue; 1340 N Decatur Street; Goldthwaite Street; Fernway Drive at Allendale Place.
Traffic Lights Out
- Bell Rd/Vaughn Rd – on flash;
- Carter Hill/ Robinson Hill Rd;
- S. Court/ Fleming Rd – on flash;
- S. Court/ E. South Boulevard – on flash;
- Highland Ave between Grace St and Longview;
The Bullock County reports the storm has knocked down a wall at the Bullock County High School Football field.
BUTLER COUNTY (Updated as of Wednesday evening)
A motorcyclist hit a tree that had fallen into the roadway on County Road 45, according to Sheriff Danny Bond. The motorcyclist was injured, but the extent of the injuries wasn’t immediately available.
COFFEE COUNTY (Updated as of 11 a.m. Thursday)
The following Coffee County Road locations are closed to travel due to water on roadway or road washes out:
- CR 682 at Double Bridges Creek
- CR 205 approximately 1/2 mile East of AL Hwy 87
- CR213 at Shoal Creek approximately 1 mile East of AL Hwy 87
- CR 305 and CR 315 intersection East of Big Creek.
- CR 200 just north of CR 201
- CR 231 at AL 87 and CR 224
- CR 331 just North of CR 342
- CR 224 at Whitewater Creek Bridge
Some Elba residents were asked Wednesday to voluntarily evacuate due to concerns about flooding in the coming days. The city, which has a history of major flooding, said Thursday That the U.S. Corp of Engineers is in town looking at the levee to make it’s secure. Around 50 homes are at risk of flooding with the Pea River expected to crest Friday.
Scattered trees down throughout the county.
Reports of downed trees and some flooding. Photos from Rutledge and Luverne show flooding and damaged roads.
Highway 105 at County Road 41 is closed after the road washed out, according to the sheriff’s office. A vehicle crashed but only minor injuries were reported.
GENEVA COUNTY (Updated as of 11 a.m. Thursday)
WTVY reports Fowler Park in Geneva is closed and power has been cut off. Chapman Park (baseball and softball fields, Geneva High School’s baseball and softball fields) are flooding.
MACON COUNTY (Updated as of Thursday morning)
The county EMA and Dept. of Homeland Security encourages residents to limit travel due to severe flooding and the possibility of uprooted trees potentially beginning to fall. Crews are working to clear any trees that have fallen on roadways but the EMA says “we are experiencing substantial damage to our roads and structures due to flooding and its potential.” No injuries or deaths have been reported.
The following roads or portions of the road are closed in Pike County:
- County Road 6618 at Buckhorn Creek
- County Road 4420
- County Road 7745
- County Road 1124
- County Road 4427 North and South
- County Road 4425
- County Road 2250
- County Road 6616
- County Road 2204
- County Road 5511
- County Road 5520
- County Road 7718
- County Road 6639
- County Road 6621
- County Road 6644
- County Road 6650
- County Road 4407
- County Road 5509