MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The Christmas season is here and there are a lot of events happening around the area to mark the holidays. We’re gathering a list from cities around our viewing area!
- Candyland will be returning to Andalusia this year, but with some alterations due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Christmas festivities will begin on Dec. 3, when the annual Christmas parade will roll at 7 p.m. Candyland will open on Dec. 4 and continue to operate on weekends with additional hours during the week before Christmas.
- City of Enterprise officials say they won’t let Christmas be stolen this year. The city is planning to hold its annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 3 at 6 p.m. in front of City Hall.
- On Dec. 3, the City of Millbrook will be holding its Christmas tree lighting ceremony at 6 p.m. at the Village Green.
- On Dec. 5, the city will hold it Spirit of Christmas Parade, starting at 2 p.m. on Main Street.
- The Town of Pike Road will be holding its Pike Road Christmas Spectacular and kick off the Season of Giving Holiday Collections Drive on Dec. 4. Santa Claus will be at Town Hall from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., so you can drive by to drop off letters to Santa and Season of Giving donations. At 7 p.m., the town will premiere its Christmas Tree Lighting on its Facebook page.
- The City of Prattville announced that this year’s Christmas parade has been canceled. Other holiday events are still planned and can be found at the link above.
- Wetumpka’s annual Christmas on the Coosa celebration is set for Dec. 12 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m and includes art vendors, food vendors, Pawtumpka on the Coosa, a street parade, a wakeborading show, fireworks, Skiing Santa and more!
- The Wetumpka Griswolds are hosting a Wetumpka Griswold Christmas starting Dec. 1 from 5:30-8 p.m. and with Character Nights on Dec. 5, 12, and 19. They’re located in a new house this year, 109 Dozier Street behind First Baptist Church.