Milder than normal first week of 2021

Most days will be in the 60s, which is a bit warmer than usual for this time of year

2021 is here: what will the first couple of days look/feel like?

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The new year started off wet with a few storms as thanks to a passing cold front... now that this boundary has basically cleared Alabama, our threat for any impactful weather is over, but we could still see a few lingering showers in far eastern portions of the state. It’ll turn cooler for the first weekend of 2021 with highs near 60 on Saturday and in the mid-50s on Sunday.

Unfortunately there will be a good deal of cloud cover on Saturday with a chance of rain.

While anyone could see scattered showers with this wave of moisture (30-40% chance for Montgomery), the best chance of rain will be across the southeastern and eastern parts of the state Saturday afternoon and evening (50-60% chance there).

The first week of 2021 is going to be mild with the exception of Sunday's seasonable temps in the 50s...
The first week of 2021 is going to be mild with the exception of Sunday's seasonable temps in the 50s... (Source: WSFA 12 News)

Sunday and the first half of next week are then completely dry with plenty of sunshine. Highs will return to the 60s, with overnight lows back in the 30s heading into next week.

There are signs that we could see some shower chances by next Wednesday night and Thursday, but that doesn’t look like a significant system at this juncture.

Copyright 2020 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.