Sunshine sticks around for now, but rain returns soon

Highs head for the 60s beginning Tuesday, with rain chances by Thursday

Get ready for a chilly night, and then more sunshine tomorrow!

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - If quiet weather and sunshine are your thing, the next four days are going to be great! Not only will it be quiet, but temperatures slowly warm up each day into the middle of next week. Today featured a mix of sun and clouds, but tonight will remain clear which means temperatures will be chilly by Monday morning...

Martin Luther King Jr. Day starts cold with lows dipping into the upper 20s and lower 30s, but ample sunshine will warm us up into the middle and upper 50s!

Another cold start is expected Tuesday with some frost possible, but that’s it for cold mornings for at least the next 7 days.

Tuesday will bring plentiful sunshine once again, but highs will reach the middle 60s!

After Tuesday morning's cold temperatures, we will see milder mornings.
After Tuesday morning's cold temperatures, we will see milder mornings. (Source: WSFA 12 News)

Then we will be tracking a system that will essentially hang out across the Deep South Wednesday through early Saturday. The result will be more clouds for Wednesday with highs in the lower 60s, and then rain showers for the Thursday-Saturday morning period.

Since we are several days away from the rain, the forecast will need to be fine tuned a bit, but for now we are calling for a 50% chance of showers Thursday, a 60% chance of rain Friday and a 40% chance of morning rain on Saturday.

Showers are expected Thursday through Saturday morning.
Showers are expected Thursday through Saturday morning. (Source: WSFA 12 News)

No thunderstorms, heavy rain or severe weather are expected at this time.

The good news is despite the rain, we will at least be around or above 60 degrees each day!

Sunshine is expected to warm us up over the next few days, but wet weather will return by the end of the workweek...
Sunshine is expected to warm us up over the next few days, but wet weather will return by the end of the workweek... (Source: WSFA 12 News)

Copyright 2021 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.