Montgomery public school board passes fiscal 2022 budget
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - The Montgomery Public Schools Board of Education has voted unanimously for the fiscal 2022 budget.
System leaders say they’ve met budgeting goals and even exceeded state requirements in some ways.
The approved budget has total revenues amounting to $519,502,079. They are broken up as follows:
- General fund - $250,396,931
- Special revenue fund - $229,803,340
- Debt service fund - $5,196,929
- Capital projects fund - $33,297,741
- Fiduciary fund (expendable trust) - $807,138
The budget also provides an 8% raise for support staff and a 13.5% raise for bus drivers.
That budget, including funding breakdowns, can be seen here.
The budget will now be sent to the state department for approval.
Copyright 2021 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.