Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that is colorless, odorless and tasteless. Large amounts can overcome a person within minutes, without warning, causing a loss of consciousness and, ultimately, suffocation.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced Thursday, August 15 that a medication used to treat migraines was being pulled from shelves because continued use could lead to serious, life threatening infections.
The Opioid Training Institute, a collaborative program offered by the Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy and the Alabama Department of Mental Health, is trying to spread awareness and knowledge about opioid abuse in East Alabama.
The Assumption Parish Sheriff’s Office says Lenise Martin III, 36, has been taken into custody after being filmed in a store licking a Blue Bell ice cream container, moving his finger through the container, then putting it back onto the shelf.
First Baptist Church of Prattville said in a social media post that it was canceling its Vacation Bible School classes for the rest of the week after many of its leaders became sick with a “stomach virus outbreak."
The Alabama Department of Public Health says it has opened an investigation into a Montgomery assisted living facility after an 83-year-old woman was apparently left inside one of its vehicles for hours.