Braves vs. Marlins Probable Starting Pitchers Today - September 16
Ronald Acuna Jr. is only two RBI away from his 100th of the campaign as his Atlanta Braves (96-51) prep for the Miami Marlins (76-72) on Saturday at 4:10 PM ET.
The Braves will give the nod to Jared Shuster (4-3) versus the Marlins and Bryan Hoeing (2-2).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Braves vs. Marlins Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, September 16, 2023
- Time: 4:10 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Venue: LoanDepot park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Shuster - ATL (4-3, 5.26 ERA) vs Hoeing - MIA (2-2, 4.04 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Braves Injury Report|
|How to Watch Braves vs Marlins|
|Braves vs Marlins Betting Trends & Stats|
|Braves vs Marlins Odds|
|Braves vs Marlins Prediction|
Braves Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Jared Shuster
- Shuster (4-3) will take to the mound for the Braves and make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, Aug. 27, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, giving up four earned runs while allowing four hits against the San Francisco Giants.
- The 25-year-old has an ERA of 5.26 and 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .247 in 10 games this season.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- In 10 starts, Shuster has pitched through or past the fifth inning six times. He has a season average of 4.9 frames per outing.
- He has yet to finish an appearance without an earned run allowed this season.
Marlins Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Bryan Hoeing
- Hoeing (2-2 with a 4.04 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 62 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Marlins, his seventh of the season.
- His most recent time out came out of the bullpen on Thursday when the right-hander tossed one scoreless inning against the Milwaukee Brewers without giving up a hit.
- In 30 games this season, the 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.04, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .233 against him.
- Hoeing has yet to register a quality start this season.
- Hoeing heads into the game with two outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- In 18 of his 30 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
Bryan Hoeing vs. Braves
- He will face a Braves offense that ranks first in the league with 858 total runs scored while batting .276 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .502 slugging percentage (first in MLB play) and has hit a total of 283 home runs (first in the league).
- Hoeing has thrown 7 1/3 innings, giving up 11 earned runs on 12 hits while striking out three against the Braves this season.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.