Brewers vs. Diamondbacks NL Wild Card Game 2 Probable Starting Pitchers Today - October 4
The Milwaukee Brewers and Arizona Diamondbacks meet in the second game of the NL Wild Card Series at American Family Field, Wednesday at 7:08 PM ET. The Diamondbacks have a 1-0 series lead as they aim to move on to the NLDS.
The Brewers will give the ball to Freddy Peralta (12-10, 3.80 ERA), who is eyeing win No. 13 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will turn to Zac Gallen (17-9, 3.47 ERA).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Brewers vs. Diamondbacks Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 7:08 PM ET
- TV: ESPN2
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Venue: American Family Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Peralta - MIL (12-10, 3.80 ERA) vs Gallen - ARI (17-9, 3.47 ERA)
Discover More About This Game
|Brewers Injury Report|
|Brewers vs Diamondbacks Betting Trends & Stats|
|Brewers vs Diamondbacks Player Props|
|How to Watch Brewers vs Diamondbacks|
|Brewers vs Diamondbacks Odds|
|Brewers vs Diamondbacks Prediction|
Brewers Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Freddy Peralta
- The Brewers will hand the ball to Peralta (12-10) for his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed nine hits in three innings pitched against the Miami Marlins on Sunday, Sept. 24.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 30 games this season with an ERA of 3.80, a 3.89 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.111.
- He has 16 quality starts in 30 chances this season.
- Peralta has started 30 games this season, and he's lasted five or more innings 28 times. He averages 5.5 innings per appearance.
- He has made 30 appearances and finished five of them without allowing an earned run.
Diamondbacks Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Zac Gallen
- Gallen (17-9) gets the starting nod for the Diamondbacks in his 35th start of the season. He has a 3.47 ERA in 210 2/3 innings pitched, with 220 strikeouts.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Houston Astros, when the righty tossed 6 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 34 games this season, the 28-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.47, with 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .238 against him.
- Gallen is trying to continue a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Gallen will try to pitch five or more innings for his 25th straight appearance. He's averaging 6.2 innings per outing.
- In eight of his 34 total appearances this season he has not given up an earned run.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 28-year-old's 3.47 ERA ranks 16th, 1.119 WHIP ranks 12th, and 9.4 K/9 ranks 17th.
Zac Gallen vs. Brewers
- He will take the hill against a Brewers offense that ranks 26th in the league with 1292 total hits (on a .240 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .386 (25th in the league) with 165 total home runs (24th in MLB play).
- Gallen has a 0.64 ERA and a 0.571 WHIP against the Brewers this season in 14 innings pitched, allowing a .133 batting average over two appearances.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.