How to Watch the Rays vs. Rangers Game: Streaming & TV Channel Info for AL Wild Card Game 2
The AL Wild Card Series continues on Wednesday when the Tampa Bay Rays play host to the Texas Rangers. The Rangers will look to clinch a berth in the ALDS when the game begins at 3:08 PM ET on ABC. Zach Eflin will start for the Rays the Rangers have yet to name a starter.
Sign up for Fubo to watch this game and make sure you don't miss any of the action all season long!
Rays vs. Rangers Live Stream, TV Channel and Game Info:
- Date: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Time: 3:08 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Venue: Tropicana Field
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Explore More About This Game
Rays Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Rays average 1.4 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 230 total home runs.
- Tampa Bay's .445 slugging percentage is fourth-best in MLB.
- The Rays have the third-best batting average in the majors (.260).
- Tampa Bay scores the fourth-most runs in baseball (860 total, 5.3 per game).
- The Rays are fourth in MLB with an on-base percentage of .332.
- The Rays' 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
- Tampa Bay's pitching staff ranks fourth in the majors with a collective 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Tampa Bay's 3.87 team ERA ranks fifth among all MLB pitching staffs.
- Rays pitchers combine for the No. 1 WHIP in MLB (1.177).
Rangers Batting & Pitching Performance
- The Rangers' 233 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- Texas ranks third in the majors with a .452 team slugging percentage.
- The Rangers rank second in MLB with a .263 team batting average.
- Texas has scored 881 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .337 this season, which ranks third in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 17th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- Texas has an 8.5 K/9 rate this season as a pitching staff, which ranks 22nd in the majors.
- Texas pitchers have a combined ERA of 4.27 ERA this year, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 12th in MLB with a combined 1.267 WHIP this season.
Rays Probable Starting Pitcher
- Eflin (16-8) takes the mound for the Rays in his 32nd start of the season. He's put together a 3.50 ERA in 177 2/3 innings pitched, with 186 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday, Sept. 26, the righty threw five innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up three earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Eflin is looking to collect his 18th quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Eflin is seeking his ninth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.7 innings per appearance on the hill.
- In five of his appearances this season he did not give up an earned run.
Rangers Probable Starting Pitcher
- The Rangers' Nathan Eovaldi (12-5) will make his 26th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw 3 1/3 innings against the Seattle Mariners, giving up seven earned runs while allowing five hits.
- In 25 starts this season, he's earned a quality start in 11 of them.
- Eovaldi has made 21 starts of five or more innings in 25 chances this season, and averages 5.8 frames when he pitches.
- In 25 appearances this season, he has finished eight without allowing an earned run.
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Rays Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/27/2023||Red Sox||W 5-0||Away||Tyler Glasnow||Brayan Bello|
|9/29/2023||Blue Jays||L 11-4||Away||Aaron Civale||Yusei Kikuchi|
|9/30/2023||Blue Jays||W 7-5||Away||Shawn Armstrong||Hyun-Jin Ryu|
|10/1/2023||Blue Jays||W 12-8||Away||Jacob Lopez||Wes Parsons|
|10/3/2023||Rangers||L 4-0||Home||Tyler Glasnow||Jordan Montgomery|
|10/4/2023||Rangers||-||Home||Zach Eflin||Nathan Eovaldi|
|Date||Opponent||Score||Home/Away||Rangers Starter||Opponent Starter|
|9/28/2023||Mariners||L 3-2||Away||Jordan Montgomery||Logan Gilbert|
|9/29/2023||Mariners||L 8-0||Away||Nathan Eovaldi||Bryan Woo|
|9/30/2023||Mariners||W 6-1||Away||Andrew Heaney||Luis Castillo|
|10/1/2023||Mariners||L 1-0||Away||Dane Dunning||George Kirby|
|10/3/2023||Rays||W 4-0||Away||Jordan Montgomery||Tyler Glasnow|
|10/4/2023||Rays||-||Away||Nathan Eovaldi||Zach Eflin|
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.