Auburn travels to Columbia to take on the No. 10/9 South Carolina Gamecocks. It is the third meeting between the Tigers and Gamecocks in the last 372 days after the teams met twice in 2010. The game will be televised by CBS.
- Auburn and South Carolina will meet for the 11th time in series history. Auburn is 8-1-1 all-time against South Carolina and has won the last six meetings.
- The Tigers will make their third trip to Columbia, S.C. in the series history with Gamecocks. Auburn is 2-0 in its previous trips, the last coming in 2006.
- Auburn has won 17 of its last 18 games dating back to the 2010 victory over Northwestern in the Outback Bowl.
- DB Jermaine Whitehead's interception return for touchdown vs. FAU was just the third defensive return for a TD by true freshman in Auburn history and the first since 1996.
- In the month of October, Auburn will play four consecutive games against teams currently ranked in the top 20 of the Associated Press poll, including three in the top 12.
- Since 2001, Auburn is 18-11 against teams ranked in the top 10 of the AP top 25.
- Excluding bowls, Auburn is 5-4 in road games under Gene Chizik. Auburn went 4-0 in 2010 and 1- 3 in 2009. Auburn has scored 24 points or more in six of those nine road games.
- Sophomore RB Michael Dyer is third in the SEC/21st NCAA averaging 106.5 rushing yards per game.
- Auburn is 8-2 against ranked teams under Gene Chizik and 1-1 road games against ranked teams.
- WR Emory Blake is third in the SEC/43rd NCAA with 317 receiving yards.
- Auburn has scored 30 points or more in 19 of 31 games in the Gene Chizik era.
- Auburn is 18-2 when leading at halftime under head coach Gene Chizik and has won 12 straight.
- Junior WR Emory Blake has at least one touchdown catch in the last seven consecutive games dating back to 2010, the longest streak by an AU player since 1971.
- Auburn has played a total of 16 true freshmen and 10 redshirt freshmen this season.
- Sophomore kicker Cody Parkey leads the SEC and is second in the FBS with 15 touchbacks on kickoffs this season.
- Freshman RB Tre Mason is second in the SEC/16th NCAA in kickoff returns, averaging 29.4 yards per return.
- Auburn has scored 21 points or more in the first half in six of its last 10 games and 10 of its last 18. The Tigers have hit 21 points or more in two of four games this season.
- RB Michael Dyer has just 12 carries for negative yards (minus 25 yards total) in 244 career rushing attempts.