MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A Montgomery couple who spent the last 50 years pampering and enjoying their 1933 Ford Coupe suffered a devastating loss Friday when the vehicle caught fire and spread to their home.
Crews with the Montgomery Fire Department responded to the call of a house fire at the corner of Chrystan Road and Fox Hollow Road Friday afternoon and worked to extinguish the blaze.
When the flames were out, the damage had been done.
The homeowner said her husband was attempting to move the antique car when it caught fire. She said that when he started the ignition, flames shot out from under the car, which quickly spread to the house.
The house had moderate fire damage. The prized vehicle was gutted by flames and may be a total loss.
There were no injuries to firefighters or the homeowners.