Wanted Montgomery domestic violence suspect has 'high lethality risk'
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office and Central Alabama CrimeStoppers are issuing an urgent request from the public to help them find a domestic violence suspect whose status has been elevated to a HALT case.
A HALT case indicates a domestic violence suspect shows High Lethality Risk indicators, or a heightened possibility of committing a homicide.
The suspect is Devonte Kevon Thompson, and he's wanted on a third degree domestic violence charge. Investigators say he's still harassing his victim even after a warrant was filed.
Anyone with information on Thompson's whereabouts is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 215-STOP. Tips that lead to an arrest may also earn the tipster a cash reward.
There are multiple indicators that determine a HALT case. They include:
1. The Offender has used or threatened to use a weapon against the victim
2. The Offender has a gun or can easily acquire one.
3. The Offender has threatened to kill the victim or his/her children.
4. The Offender has threatened or attempted suicide.
5. The Offender is violently or constantly jealous.
6. The Offender controls or tries to control most of the victim's daily activities.
7. The Offender has a drug or alcohol problem.
Copyright 2016 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.