New list of Alabama's failing schools released
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The Alabama State Board of Education has released a new list of the state's failing schools, which is defined by the Alabama Accountability Act of 2015.
The 75 schools on the list are considered in the lowest 6 percent of schools in the state.
Ten Montgomery County schools are on the list:
- Bellingrath Middle School
- Capitol Heights Middle School
- Carver Senior High School
- Chisholm Elementary School
- Fews Secondary Acceleration Academy
- Jefferson Davis High School
- Johnson Elementary School
- Lanier Senior High School
- Lee High School
- Southlawn Middle School
Here's the full list of failing schools statewide:
Copyright 2017 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.