MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Alabama State University officials are set to hold another news conference Friday on the Attorney General's decision to close the investigation of the university and the FSS audit.
University officials say several current and former officials of the university will be in attendance including:
- Alfreda Green, Chairwoman of the Alabama State University Board of Trustees
- Dr. Leon C. Wilson, Interim President of Alabama State University
- Dr. William H. Harris, President Emeritus of Alabama State University
- Dr. John F. Knight, Jr. retired Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Alabama State University
- Chairman Elton N. Dean, Sr., former Chairman of the Alabama State University Board of Trustees
- Judge Marvin Wiggins, former Vice-Chairman of the Alabama State University Board of Trustees
- Judge U.W. Clemons (ret.), former Alabama State University Special Counsel
- Kenneth Thomas, General Counsel of Alabama State University
WSFA will carry this press conference LIVE and you can click here to watch live on WSFA.com beginning at 11 a.m.
Mobile users click here to watch live or watch live on the WSFA 12 News app.
Click here to download the app.
On Tuesday, Acting Attorney General Chris McCool confirmed the investigation in the alleged wrongdoing had been closed.
Alabama State Interim-President Leon Wilson reacted to the closure of the FSS audit saying "a great stone has been lifted off Alabama State University today".