MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Wintry weather has caused road conditions to deteriorate in several parts of central Alabama.
Saturday traffic on Interstate 85 around the Ann Street exit was congested as traffic was diverted off the ramp and back on due to an overturned 18-wheeler on the Ann Street overpass.
MPD advises all entrances to I-65 and I-85 are now back open. MPD advises motorists should limit travel on the roadways until conditions improve.
Alabama Department of Transportation cameras show an overturned tractor trailer on I-85 SB at Ann Street.
Alabama State Troopers worked through the night assisting motorists who slid off the road due to ice and snow. The Department of Transportation has been out sanding bridges.
ALDOT is urging everyone to avoid travel in affected areas until the conditions improve.
- Autauga County: All roads and bridges in the county should be considered impassable until further notice. All travel should be suspended or delayed. Only emergency vehicles should travel on county roads and bridges. Autauga County leaders say at least 20 vehicles have slid off county roads 40 and 19. Volunteer firefighters are using their trucks to pull them out. No injuries reported.
- Butler County: Roads are open, but there are some issues with the bridges. Nothing is impassable as of 8 a.m.
- Chilton County: Multiple crashes, downed trees and power outages across the county. Travel is discouraged.
- Coosa County: officials have deemed the roads impassable due to hazardous conditions and several crashes.
- Dallas County: All county roads and bridges now passable.
- Elmore County: The Impassable Travel Advisory for all county roads and bridges in Elmore County has been lifted. Roads are okay for travel, but drivers should still use caution.
- Lowndes County: Bridges with ice. EMA says stay off the roads unless it's an emergency.
- Macon County: The EMA is out making total assessments of roads and bridges. Majority of them have ice. No closures have been announced at this time. Drivers are urged to use caution.
- Marengo County: Snow on the roads but no closures reported. Drivers urged to use caution.
- Montgomery County: Crews spreading sand on Interstate 65 bridges between Montgomery and Prattville. Bridges are icy and all entrances to I-65 and I-85 are closed. I-85 SB closed between Perry Hill Road and Mulberry Street due to crash with injuries.
- Perry County: No Closed roads. Drivers told to be extremely cautious on County Road 6 and County Road 49 due to the slick bridges that cross the river.
- Tallapoosa County: Alex City police asking that all vehicle traffic be limited; if you have to travel please drive slow. Avoid travel over bridges and hills. State Highway 22 East and West out of Alex City is icy in spots with slush on the roadway – some small secondary roads are icy as well. Police report issues with vehicle sliding off roads due to speed. Reports of snow accumulation from Alexander City to New Site and north.
- Wilcox County: All county roads have been declared impassable. EMA urges everyone to avoid to travel. Several accidents reported and ice reported on bridges