Advertisement

Dadeville firefighters put out large transformer fire

(Source: Dadeville Fire Department Facebook)
(Source: Dadeville Fire Department Facebook)
Updated: Mar. 22, 2018 at 9:12 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

DADEVILLE, AL (WSFA) - A transformer near the landing pad for Lake Martin Community Hospital caught fire Tuesday.

According to a post on the Dadeville Fire Department Facebook page, the fire happened around 8:15 a.m. When first responders arrived they found a transformer, located near the helicopter pad, fully engulfed in flames.

Firefighters were about to contain the fire before it could spread to nearby utilities. It took a little over an hour to put out the flames.

No other details including the cause of the fire have been released.

Copyright 2018 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.