(WSFA) - There are lots of events happening across the River Region this weekend. Here are a few to check out:
- Maxwell 100th birthday: Friday, the Montgomery Biscuits will pay tribute to the centennial with a military-themed ball game against the Biloxi Shuckers. It starts at 6:35 p.m. Centennial Bash is planned from 2 to 5 p.m. in downtown Montgomery at Riverfront Park. It's free and open to the public. There will be live music, food, a car show and other family-friendly events.
- Wilson Pickett Music and Arts Fest: On Saturday, the Wilson Pickett Music and Arts Festival will take place from 9 am to 4 pm. The festival is free and open to the public and will be located next to Stanley Jensen Stadium at Pratt Park.
- Battle of the Bands Jamboree: The Alabama State University Mighty Marching Hornets will host the Battle of the Bands Jamboree on April 7 at the Dunn-Oliver Acadome. The event will begin at 1 p.m. Doors open at 11 a.m. The event will feature marching bands from area high schools, as well as performances by the Talladega College Marching Tornadoes and the Mighty Marching Hornets.Tickets are $12 in advance and are available at the ASU Ticket Office. Tickets are $15 on the day of the event.
- Auburn A-Day: Saturday at 3 p.m. Tickets are $5 for the general public and free for AU students with an Auburn Ignited card.
- Cloverdale-Idlewild Spring Concert Series: Sunday 4-7 p.m. Bring your chairs or blankets (or both), coolers, snacks. Plan to sit under the beautiful oak trees in the park setting and enjoy the music. Admission is free.
- Piney Woods Arts Fest: The 44th annual Piney Woods Arts Festival takes place Saturday (9 am – 5 pm) and Sunday (12 – 4 pm), on the running track of Enterprise State Community College. One of the oldest juried arts and crafts shows in the area, Piney Woods features original art and crafts by approximately 100 artists, a children’s fun center, food and entertainment and a Civil War Living Display. The Weevil City Cruisers Car and Truck Show is Saturday only across campus from the arts festival. Admission to the festival and car show is free.