Road closures, shuttle services and prohibited items for EJI events
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The city of Montgomery continues its final preparations for the opening of the Equal Justice Initiative's Legacy Museum and National Memorial for Peace and Justice. Tuesday, the Montgomery Police Department released more information on road closures and shuttle opportunities for the weekend.
- 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. -- Museum/Memorial Loop Shuttle (shuttles depart every 10 minutes)
- 7:30 a.m. - Midnight -- Shuttle from EastChase hotels to museum for hotel guests only (see above for hotel locations) (shuttles depart every 45 minutes)
- 5 p.m. - Midnight -- Park-and-ride shuttle for ticket holders attending the Concert for Peace and Justice. Shuttles run between Paterson Field, Lot J (see above)
Concert for Peace and Justice: Venue entry is located at the intersection of Commerce and Tallapoosa streets
- Prohibited items:
- Coolers and alcohol
- Large bags, totes or purses
- Any bags larger than 12x6x6
- Professional cameras (no detachable lens)
- Stand-alone video cameras (GoPros, iPads/Tablets, etc.)
- Allowed items:
- Bagged chair
- Seat cushion
- Clutch/small purse
- Clear small tote
- 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. -- Museum/Memorial Loop Shuttle (departs every 10 minutes)
- 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. -- Shuttle from EastChase hotels to Museum for hotel guests only (see above for hotel locations) (departs every 45 minutes)
No food or drink will be allowed on the shuttles. Police ask to be sure to not leave personal belongings on the shuttles as well.
- Caroline and Holcomb streets adjacent to the Memorial: closed Wednesday-Saturday
- Riverfront Park: closed to the public Thursday-Saturday
- No civilian watercraft will be allowed on the Alabama River in the vicinity of the Concert for Peace and Justice venue from 5 p.m. until midnight Friday. No docking of civilian watercraft at Riverfront Park will be allowed.
- Commerce/Tallapoosa parking lot: reserved for food trucks
- Coosa Street: closed Friday at the conclusion of Biscuits game
- Coosa Street parking deck: closed to the public Friday
- Commerce Street: closed at the tunnel Friday
- Molton Street: closed after 5 p.m. Friday
- Intermodal Parking: closed to the public Friday; exception: open to Embassy Suites guests
Copyright 2018 WSFA 12 News. All rights reserved.