BIRMINGHAM, AL (WSFA) - It was a proud day for members of the WSFA 12 News Family. Several of our talent and the station as a whole took home several awards from the Alabama AP AWARDS in Birmingham Saturday.
The WSFA team took home 12 awards total, including first place in Regularly Scheduled Newscast and Best Spot News for our coverage on the resignation of former Governor Robert Bentley, titled "Bentley Resigns, Ivey Sworn In."
The station also earned second place in Photography, Outstanding News Operation, and Best Coverage of a Scheduled Event "Alabama-Clemson 2017."
Several of our talent took home of first and second place in several categories including:
- Best Sports Anchor: Maria Martin (1st)
- Best Weather Anchor: Amanda Curran (1st)
- Best Weather Anchor: Eric Snitil (2nd)
- Best Reporter: Morgan Young (2nd)
- Best Investigative Reporting: Morgan Young, "Daycare Dangers" (2nd)
- Best Specialized Reporter: Michael Doudna (2nd)
- Best News Feature: Sally Pitts, "Heartbreak to Hope" (2nd)
Congratulations to everyone on their individual honors from the WSFA family.