BUTLER COUNTY, AL (WSFA) - Two men have been arrested after they were suspected to be a part of multiple robberies from June to August, according to the Butler County Sheriff's Office.
It began Thursday night when the Butler County Sheriff's Office responded to a robbery call at the Pineapple Highway location of Dollar General. Sheriff Kenny Harden said the suspect entered the store, presented a gun, and asked for money.
Upon receiving the money the man fled the scene, but not before a witness got his license plate number.
Friday morning, the sheriff's office got a warrant for the arrest of 40-year-old Marcus Latrent Greathouse.
Harden said investigators traveled to Lee County and worked with law enforcement there to arrest Greathouse.
During this investigation, Branden Tyrone Matthews, 30, was identified as a second suspect. Matthews was arrested in Columbus, Georgia Saturday.
Together the two were linked to the following robberies:
- 6-20-18: Auto Zone (Alexander City, AL)
- 7-03-18: O'Reilly Auto Parts (Sylacauga, AL)
- 7-12-18: Auto Zone (Columbus, GA)
- 7-13-18: Auto Zone (Opelika, AL)
- 7-25-18: Auto Zone (Eufaula, AL)
- 7-28-18: O'Reilly Auto Parts (Tallassee, AL)
- 7-30-18: Dollar General (Russell County, AL)
- 8-01-18: Dollar General (LaGrange, GA)
- 8-04-18: O'Reilly Auto Parts (Roanoke, AL)
- 8-05-18: Dollar General (Montgomery, AL)
- 8-11-18: Dollar General (Newman, GA)
- 8-12-18: O'Reilly Auto Parts (Tallassee, AL)
- 8-16-18: Dollar General (Greenville, AL)
Several law enforcement agencies were involved in the investigation.
No official charges have been listed for Greathouse and Matthews.