MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery firefighters are spraying water on remaining hot spots at Booker T. Washington Magnet High School, after a fire destroyed part of the campus on Aug. 18.
According to Montgomery Fire/Rescue Lt. Jason Cupps, they noticed smoke coming from a big pile of debris at the site Sunday morning. MFR has been monitoring it since the morning of the fire.
After the fire a week ago, a temporary school location was readied for BTW students at Old Hayneville Road Elementary. The students will resume classes Monday morning.
MFR will continue to monitor the site until the debris is cleared.